"... These words are my diary, screaming out loud. And I know that you'll use them however you want to..."

Friday, November 5, 2010

9 months

So, Kherrington would be 9 months old tomorrow. What do I say to that? It seems as though time has slipped away from us, especially with "bump" growing and showing us that she is there.

Kherrington sure left her mark, like we knew she would. I'm pretty sure she is what is making me pause and say "was that your sister kicking?..no.. it is just gas. If I knew it was your sister for sure, I'd go crazy when she is not moving". She is what made me fill my arms with cute onesies last week at the superstore, then pause and put them all back on the rack, when I realized "I have stuff at home". She is the voice in my head that says "Just wait a few more weeks before opening up that room or buying a lot of stuff".

About two weeks ago at work, I was working with one of the supervisors on a project. When our meeting was finished, we were just chatting about this pregnancy, and about Kheri. He looked at me and said "But you know, when this one comes along, you'll forget all about her"... My heart skipped, my jaw dropped. My biggest fear is people forgetting. I know we sure won't, but I know some people will. He continued to say "When this one comes, you'll be so happy that it will make it better for you". I immediately said " No, I don't think so. I know I can't forget. I know I'll wonder in the fall of 2028 which college/university she would have gone to". He then did what most people do...stutter and trip over their words until they finally just shut up.

Anyway, Kheri would be 9 months old tomorrow. That is all.

4 comments:

  1. No one will forget Kheri. She's our reason to pause and reflect. Some days when I need perspective, I stop and think about holding her in my arms. No one who knows you, and loves you, will ever forget and think she could be replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand people. Do they forget all loved ones once they leave this earth ? I know I don't I think about all I have lost even those we didn't have long. The new little one won't make you forget. Hopefully she will help you live ...live for Kheri and love for Kheri. She is what Kheri sent you to keep you company until you meet again. Sending you guys love !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you at this 9 month mark.

    Some people really do say stupid things. I'm sorry your supervisor said that - or more sorry he doesn't get it. But really, that's his problem. Sounds like you handled the situation and comments just beautifully!

    As I think about the comment and feel angry about it - it just sounds sillier and sillier. That'd be like telling someone who's grandparent who died to stop by a retirement community and pick out a new grandparent - then they could forget theirs died. And as animal lover, I've had pets die over the years and right now I have a cat and dog. They're great animals, I love them, and it doesn't mean my animals now are their replacement, or that I forget how my other pets were their own creatures. I don't know... maybe I'm just being silly now! :)

    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course you won't forget (nor will I) - and I would hope you never do. Your love for her keeps her always there, with you.

    ReplyDelete