"... These words are my diary, screaming out loud. And I know that you'll use them however you want to..."

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A year already

In the middle of my jog this morning, the date crossed my mind. June 22nd. I year ago today, I went for a run. I was hoping that it would encourage my period along, since it felt like it was just about to start. After my run, there was nothing. I think that was the first moment I "knew".
I proceeded to our local Walmart, then headed home. I remember placing the test on the counter and watching the colour move across the test window. My heart was pounding in my throat, then I saw the "pregnant" line appear before the control line! My jaw dropped. I had a shower, drank some water, then tried again. Another positive. This was at 3 o'clock in the afternoon. I sat on the couch and waited for my hubby to come home. I can remember attempting to watch something on T.V. and cruising the Internet at the same time.
When my hubby came home, I pulled him to the bathroom and told him to take a look at what was on the counter. He leaned over, looked at the tests, then looked back at me and said "are we?!", with the cutest grin.
A year ago today, is when it all began.

4 comments:

  1. She surprised all of us! I remember the day you told me, I didn't even believe you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when you were only four weeks along! Oh time does go by. Hopefully you'll be looking at another pregnancy stick again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Mel I hope that you are looking at another 2 preg sticks soon too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you....hoping that you might have a glimpse of that same feeling some time again in the relatively near future....

    ReplyDelete