Wednesday, January 20, 2010
ohhhhhh, what a feeling!!!
Well, I signed into the "blog world" this morning to discover that I have won an award! :) My best bud over at "My life in purple" awarded me with the Happy 101 award. Now, apparently, in order to accept this award I have to list the 10 things that make me happy. So, here it goes!
1. Time with my husband. It is something I miss, especially now that he is away at school. He comes home (on average) once every other week. It is temporary, and we are through the worst of it, but I know that the next few months will be challenging for both of us with the arrival of our daughter. I love you, I miss you and I'm so proud of you.
2. Girl dates with my "Iro". My best bud over at "My life in purple" has been my life saver these past few months! She's a great friend, and more like a sister. Whenever we get together, or talk, it is a guarantee that there will be a laugh or two. Thanks for the award, and thanks for being there!
3. Phone talks with Melly over at "The ideologies of Melissa", and I should also mention the shopping excursions! We usually have such good chats! :)
4. The idea that I will meet my daughter at some point within the next 5 weeks! Regardless of the challenges we may face (with the possibility of her having CF), I know that she will bring such joy!
5. The thought of putting a deck on our house and finishing our basement. It will be so nice when our home is "complete".
6. I know it is hard to believe, but my job. I love my job and I miss my job. I worked very hard to get my job, and even though I am happy to be home for (potentially) the first 15 months of my daughter's life, I know that I will be eager to return to work.
7. The care and concern of our families at this time. We are confident that we can handle whatever is thrown at us, but your support makes it easier!
8. I know it is lame, but my cats. They have been my "company" and my "family", especially during my last 2 months at home. They can't actually talk to me, but having them follow me room to room, sleep with me at night, and hearing them moving around, makes this empty house feel a little less "lonely".
9. Jogging/Running... I REALLY miss it. I am actually jealous of those people I see out running. I am eager to return to my "hobby"; for both the high it gives me and the time it gives me for myself. I love how "well adjusted" I feel after a nice run.
10. Right now, anything "baby"! I have been told that I am "nesting", which I believe is true. I'm not going to deny it, I feel the need to clean, organize and set up. I DO NOT feel the need to cook (especially since many foods do not settle well in my stomach since the baby now resides where my stomach used to be!). Nobody said "nesting" included cooking!
So, those are the 10 things that make me happy. Well, there are actually MANY other things that make me happy, and I had no problem coming up with these 10! The fact that I received this award makes me happy! :)